Yesterday K and I visited the Tea & more shop in Dudelange. The first thing that I noticed when I walked in, was the eclectic smell. Then I saw the huge tea selection with my own eyes: hundreds of different kinds neatly arranged on shelves and in cupboards. We sat down with the shop owner, Marc, who then started telling us about his passion for tea and how his shop came into existence a couple of years ago. It was very inspiring and informative.
- Camomile tea can dry out your stomach, so don't drink it too frequently
- Maté and matcha tea are super energising and can have an effect that lasts four to five hours
- Pu Erh is recommended for hangover situations. It gives you energy as well
- Green and white tea are excellent for detox
- 7x7 tea is a very strong detox tea composed of 49 herbs. It's efficient but should be consumed along with water, in order to avoid headaches
A couple of more interesting facts about tea origins:
- Green tea comes mainly from China and Japan
- Great black tea originates in India and Sri Lanka
- Expect white tea to be from China
- The best oolong tea grows in the higher mountains in Taiwan
- Maté has little theine and its main home are Argentina and Brazil
- Roibos contains no theine and comes from South Africa
I also discovered these tea capsules by Shu Yao. They go together with the to go portable teamaker. How does this work? You pour the tea leaves into the cup, add hot water and close the cup with the lid. And you're ready to have your tea to go. The tea leaves last for up to five refills. The teamaker comes in different colours.
Still looking for last minutes Christmas gift ideas? Check out the Tea and more website or visit the shop in Dudelange (by appointment). Besides tea, a large selection of teaware is also available. Thank you Marc for your time and for sharing your knowledge.
28, rue Jean Simon